Monday, March 12, 2012

Challenge Day 9- A Rough Day

It was a rough day. A REALLY rough day. It started with the baby being up vomiting all night, so I had another night with virtually no sleep.  This was coupled by the fact that I was out of coffee creamer. I LITERALLY cannot function without caffeine. I remember a few short years ago, making fun of my parents b/c they NEEDED caffeine to function. I was like "Just wean yourself off!". Enter 3 kids in 5 years and my addiction to caffeine. So I'm running on no sleep, worried about my puking infant and have no caffeine to help me through the day.

I'm not even going to attempt to lie. I put movies on for the kids ALL day. I can try to make it sound good and be like "We had a movie day!", but let's be realistic. The TV was my baby sitter today. I HATE saying that, but it's true. I TRIED to function, but it really wasn't possible.

I did actually MAKE lunch for the kids. We made tacos. They enjoyed helping with that. They both love tacos. Then again, who doesn't?

I laid on the couch and tried to gather the motivation to do, well, anything. I just couldn't. The caffeine headache was also imminent. Daddy was working night shift... I didn't even pack him any food to take to work. I mean, NOTHING. He ate tacos at lunch and then went to work with nothing. WIFE FAIL. He understood, and assured me it was okay. What a sweet man.

Once Daddy left, I HAD to muster up some energy to feed the muchkins. I made a combination of my chili and black bean soup. So? Black Bean Chili? It was good, not great. Everyone ate it, which is the important part.

While I was cooking, I DID set up an invitation for Bella with the colored ride we made the day before. I gave her rice and paper and glue and let her go at it. She had fun and made me some beautiful artwork. LOL


She had fun :)
There was rice and glue everywhere, but she enjoyed it. That's what mattered.

Jeremiah got to play his Wii during this time. He doesn't get to play much, so he was thrilled. He will also whoop our butts at any Wii game.

So the day pretty much stunk. Television and video games. Part of me wants to feel like a failure, but the other part realizes that EVERYONE has days like this.

Aiming for a better day today!

And the aftermath and artwork :D



No comments:

Post a Comment