Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Challenge Day 4- Neon Bath

I'm writing this post on the morning of Day 5, because I fell asleep at 9 o'clock last night, watching The Biggest Loser. Apparently I was tired.

Anyways... I wouldn't call yesterday a bust... but It wasn't anything terribly exciting. At least not during the day. I woke up tired and cranky as always and for the life of me could not think of a new activity I had the supplies for on hand. I'll insert here that I have spent the last 5 years keeping messy anything out of my house, as well as any small trinket toys. Well, now that comes back to bite me. lol I've ordered a bunch of things on Amazon and am not so patiently awaiting their arrival to have more fun with the kiddos.

That being said, I HAD to go to the grocery store. Daddy ate the last can of tuna for lunch and the kids had spaghetti. I had cheese and crackers. We were desperately in need of a grocery trip. So, I spent most of the day meal planning b/c I'd been to distracted playing the last few days, to even think about it. The kids were still enthralled with the light table in general, so they played with it all morning.

That's one cute baby!

 Mia and I packed up and headed to the grocery while the older two "napped". Ha Ha. Yea... Right.

 The grocery trip was successful and fun with my sweet girl.

I return home to get dinner started and work on our evening "invitation". (This is a term from Play At Home Mom that I will be using a lot. Click the link, right ^ there, for an explanation.)

 (I'm going to ask you in advance to forgive the HORRIBLE picture quality in these first few blog posts. All the pictures are taken with our cell phones, because I seem to have lost my SD card for my good camera.)


I had purchased a mess ton of glow sticks from Target when I was there. I had seen a glow stick balloon  idea on PAHM the other day and decided to take a cue from that.


While the kids were eating, I went a filled up the tub and cracked about 20 glow sticks. I hung some up, sat some on the edge of the tub and put some in the bottom of the tub. OK, I must say... by then end of this... Donny and I wanted to get into the tub!

Mia is in bed, all tuckered out from the shopping trip and the kids finish up eating. They get undressed and patiently wait outside the bathroom door for their bath. I open the door....

Cool, right!?

They gasp and screech and Jey is jumping up and down. He excitedly climbs into the tub followed by a semi-hesitant Bella. They both get in and it's game on. They're splashing and trading the bracelets, until they get the colors they want. Bell ends up with the purples and blues and Jey with the yellows and greens.


They were amazed at how when the glow sticks went under the water, the whole tub lit up. They played for probably 30 or 45 minutes before I head Bella's monstrous foot steps through the house like a single woman stampede. Then we here laughing and "I'm so COLD!". They come running into the living room. Jey is wrapped in a towel and Bell is dragging her towel behind her. She is surprisingly dry.

We get them dressed for bed and do their bedtime routine. We tuck them in, with their new glow bracelets of course. We explain they will no longer work by morning but they can play in their rooms while they're still glowing, if they would like. They both choose to do so. They finally tucker out and go to sleep. I promptly followed while watching The Biggest Loser.

Ah well. Another fun day :)

3 comments:

  1. <3 Love the neon bath. Bubba would go ballistic over that. You are giving me too many ideas. Hehe. Not enough hours in the day it seems! Well done mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this! Maybe it is what I need to get Jack in the tub!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might! Here are some other cool ideas:
    http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/search/label/Bath%20Time%20Fun

    ReplyDelete