Thursday, March 22, 2012

Challenge day 13-15 Spring has sprung!

The past few days we played outside. Again and again and again. We didn't do much else. It's just too beautiful to stay inside. The first day we played in our yard and had an invitation. The next two days, we played at the playground. I'll break down the days the best I can, even though there's not many details. So, this will be mostly pictures.

The first day (Day 13), was so gorgeous Daddy wanted to wash the car and we all played. I put some soapy water into jars and gave the kids food coloring to mix in it and giant straws. I explained (after Bell attempted to drink the soapy water), that we were going to play with bubbles! Jeremiah loved this one. He loved making different color bubbles. Bell, after tasting it, wanted nothing to do with it. Instead, she hoarded the food coloring and became a mixologist and drop by drop put it all into one jar. Ending up with a murky brown color. She was pleased with herself.

After this I took yet another idea from the PAHM blog. I took plastic bottles, cut off the bottom and rubber banded a piece of towel to the bottom. I then wet the towel and put some soap on it. When you blow into the bottle it makes like a bubble snake. SO. COOL! Bella was scared of it (LOL), but Jeremiah loved it. It was a little difficult for him to do (Bella wouldn't have been able to do it), but he liked it. He wanted me to do it for him. I blew into that dang bottle for so long, I gave myself the hiccups.

While Jeremiah was doing this, Bella got out some toys from the shed to play with. When Jey was done, I got a bubble gun thing and used some of the soapy water and made bubbles for the kids to chase. They loved this, until Jey got bubbles in his eye :( He was fine. He's a tough kid :) Mia woke up  in here some time and came out and wanted to snuggle and nurse. Oh no! Not nursing and baby snuggles! How horrid! Oh, ok baby, I GUESS I will just have to hold you until you're tired of being cuddled. Oh, DARN.

Daddy and Jey then went to play soccer in the yard and the girls and I went to sit and play. Mia was loving the warm sun and brisk wind. Bell was picking flowers and running around. She would alternate between playing with Amelia and I and playing soccer with the boys.

That was about it for this day. LOTS of fun and the kids slept in late! Win-Win!


The next day (Day 14), we went to the playground with some friends. I don't have any pictures of it, for two reasons. 1- It was too fun to take pictures! 2- There was an issue with some neighborhood kids acting TERRIBLY inappropriate and I had to talk to their mother, in fear of one little girl's well being. :( I've spoken to the proper authorities and hopefully the situation will be resolved and the little girl will not be subjected to any behavior like that ever again. Poor little girl.

Skip to the NEXT day (Day 15), we went to the park again! This time with a snack picnic and Daddy in tow! We had SO much fun. We all climbed and went down the slides. Even Mia! It was so nice to get out in the sun with my family. Ahhh, how I adore them! I'm so incredibly blessed for my beautiful family. Now time to get out there and PLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment